The 2009 Olga Havel Award
Mrs Jana Hejzlarová - laureate of Olga Havel Award
The Award was presented on 12 May 2009 at the National Museum’s Czech Museum of Music in Karmelitská Street in Prague’s Lesser Town to Mrs Jana Hejzlarová, a senior citizen who founded a day centre for the elderly and handicapped at the St. Karel Boromejský Home in Řepy, and who has been active in the home’s ergotherapy department for many years.
We thank our volunteer hostesses who presented guests of the awards ceremony with gingerbread hearts created at the Sun for All Foundation’s Service Centre in Unhošť.
In 2009 the acknowledgements went to
For significant financial support:
- Marie and Václav Fryba – These senior citizens from Klatovy have been dedicated and faithful donors for many years. Although Marie passed on several years ago, Václav continues to support us financially.
- Martin Krejčí – Mr Krejčí is an attorney with the legal offices of Kocián Šolc Balaštík, which has been organizing the Benefit Concert of Good Will for 15 years in order to raise funds for our Senior and New Family programmes.
- Telefónica O2 Czech Republic, a.s. - has been providing us with a toll-free number (800 111 010) free of charge for 10 years.
For effective cooperation:
- Tomáš Roubíček – Mr Roubíček is a long-time supporter of the Foundation. He is a mathematician at Charles University’s Mathematical Institute and at two scientific institutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- Dalibor Dostál – the Deník newspaper – for helping to spread information on the Foundation’s activities.
- Václav Kasík – Czech Radio – has been helping us for many years. Czech Radio deserves to be recognised as a media partner of the Foundation.
- Dagmar Kuncová – NEWTON Media, a.s. – for free press monitoring of the Committee of Good Will – Olga Havel Foundation.
- Marie Kysilková – 100+1 – this magazine was one of the Foundation’s first media partners.
For excellent project support:
- Ivan Lukáš – Czech Television – for many years of support during the Foundation’s most important events.
- Elpida plus, o. p. s. from Prague - the charitable organisation is composed of a group of young and optimistic people. Their motto: We are helping seniors become a normal, self-confident, and respected part of society. Elpida has quickly gained a reputation as an organisation capable of quickly responding to seniors’ needs. Its activities include an internet school, a senior help line, an advisory centre, memory training and thematic workshops. The Vital plus magazine, which is popular among the older generation, is distributed primarily to senior homes.
- Český západ, o. s. from Dobrá Voda u Toužimi - the mission of the Český západ (“Czech West”) civic association is to empower the Roma community in the town of Dobrá Voda and its surroundings.This involves social workers encouraging Roma citizens to participate in the public life of their community, working to increase their skills in dealing with authorities, at school, at work and in other community affairs. Český západ also provides social services, organizes leisure-time activities for children, and operates a textile workshop.
- Útočiště, o. s. from Sokolov - Útočiště (“Refuge”) provides social services to people who have been recently released from prison or custody, people at risk of addiction or who are addicted to drugs and alcohol, and young adults who are leaving educational facilities as part of institutional or correctional care. Útočiště operates the following facilities: a shelter in Oloví, a farm in Liboc u Kraslic, and a social advisory centre in Chodov. The organisation has been active in the region for five years.
- The Livie and Václav Klaus Endowment Fund - Fund organises and supports projects that help incorporate our fellow citizens into a meaningful life. The fund gives priority to educational projects – both for children and young adults as well as for seniors. Another objective of the fund is to help individuals who have found themselves in difficult social or health situations. Since 2006, the fund has been sharing the proceeds of a public collection with the Committee of Good Will – Olga Havel Foundation in order to support the education of children with social and/or physical handicaps.
- Hochgebirgsklinik Davos - Wolfgang for 5 years cooperation with doctors from the Czech Republic solving difficult cases of the asthma bronchiale disease of children from North Czech in Hochgebirgsklinik in Davos.