The 1996 Olga Havel Award
Vojtěch Volejník - laureate of the Olga Havel Award
The second Olga Havel Award ceremony took place in the Ballgames Hall of Prague Castle on 6th May 1996, with the attendance of the President of the Republic, Václav Havel. The Olga Havel Award was won by Vojtěch Volejník, a deaf sportsman and President of the Czech Paralympics Committee from Plzeň.Special thanks go to:
Photo: Milena Černá congratulates V. Volejník, 6 May 1996
For significant financial support
• Pfizer, s.r.o.
• Delvita, a.s.
• Orea Travel spol. s.r.o.
• Dr. Theiss Naturwaren OHG
• Československá obchodní banka, a.s.
• Price Waterhouse
• Sanitas, a.s.
• Variety Club of Great Britain
• Bambini di Praga
For effective cooperation
• Elisabeth Bloch Poulsen – Hansen
• Mgr. Božena Jirků
• Klement Lukeš
• Ing. Želmír Procházka
• Shannon Lawder
For excellent realization of projects
• Zdenka Hanáková, Centre for Independent Life of the Prague Association of Wheelchair Users
• Jana Brežná, Director of Arkadie, Institute for Disabled Children in Teplice
• Michaela Frycová, Director of Duha, the Society for the Integration of the Mentally Handicapped in Prague
• Marie Svatošová, initiator of the construction of the first hospice in the Czech Republic in Červený Kostelec
• PhDr. Jaroslav Šturma, Director of the Paprsek Children’s Center for children with multiple disabilities