The Committee of Goodwill - Olga Havel Foundation is a coordinating body of the Salzburg Seminars Project in the Czech Republic. Since 1993, under the auspices of the American Austrian Foundation, the project offers a unique form of postgraduate education for physicians.
The project is exceptional for the complexity of its educational system aiming at international education of physicians carried on by renowned specialists from the US and Austrian universities. Subsequently, the alumni share knowledge acquired thus improving quality of healthcare in the countries participating in the project.
Under the auspices of The American Austrian Foundation, the seminars are funded by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy and The Open Society Foundations, as well as corporate and individual donors.
There is no participation fee. However, the seminar fellows from the Czech Republic shall make their own travel arrangements and they get no travel reimbursement.
The complexity of the project is based on:
- INFORMATION SHARING through the week long seminars in Salzburg - SALZBURG MEDICAL SEMINARS (SMS)
- EXCHANGE OF EXPERIENCE for SMS alumni during the working internship in the Austrian hospitals - OBSERVERSHIP and research centers - RESEARCH OBSERVERSHIP
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT owing to a permanent possibility of distance learning while making use of the medical online library, organising video conferences and consulting with lecturers - MEDICAL EDUCATION ONLINE
Video Presentation - 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE PROJECT
Alumni of the Salzburg Medical Seminars share their knowledge and experience through the follow-up projects with:
- the general public - a series of lectures HEALTH AND LIFESTYLE
- experts from non-profit sector - seminars for NGOs
- physicians from the Czech Republic – organising of the educational workshops with international lecturers - SATELLITE SYMPOSIA and VISITING PROFESSORSHIP
Phone: +420 224 217 083