Václav Fanta, an art photographer from Prague, became this year's laureate of the Olga Havel Award. Despite losing his sight many years ago, he brings optimism to people with the same disability and help them in many different ways.
The Olga Havel Award was given by the Committee of Good Will - Olga Havel Foundation in the exhibition hall Mánes on 23rd May. The ceremony was hosted by Eva Holubová. During the cultural part of the evening, the student choir Besharmonie conducted by Libor Sládek and Filip Beneš performed several music pieces. On this occasion, the Foundation also thanked its major donors and partners and commended the excellent NGO projects.
The award-winning Václav Fanta co-founded Katolická nadace pro nevidomé (Catholic Foundation for the Blind) and established the choir of blind singers Vokál. He cooperates with the R MEDIA agency in creating a charity calendar. His tactile game Qardo for people with sight loss is known far beyond the borders of the Czech Republic. Václav Fanta has fulfilled himself with many dreams in his life filled with humanity and - as he says – he can find joy even in the ordinary little things. He sends this message to others: "I wish all the people to be so lucky to have their souls balanced and to be able to do without pursuing material possession and unattainable things."
The Olga Havel Award was presented for the twenty second time this year and the jury faced a really difficult task - to select a laureate from a total of 22 candidates. Two nominees - Lucie Bittalová and Jitka Štambachová – were honored with special in memoriam awards.
Thanks were given for
SIGNIFICANT FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- MARSH s. r. o., represented by Luďěk Menšík – for financial contribution to the program Senior via Beneficial Concerts of Good Will, organised by Kocián Šolc Balaštík law firm, since 2003
- MEGABOOKS CZ s. r. o., represented by Alexandr Kadavý – for generous donations intended for the OHF programmes
- prof. RNDr. Helena Illnerová, DrSc. – for being a longtime donor and active participant in the OHF projects
- Ing. Helena Kryštůfková – for almost 15-year-long financial support to the OHF projects
- CZECH PHOTO o. p. s., represented by Veronika Souralová – for the "My life with a Handicap" award given by the OHF
- Prague International Marathon spol. s.r.o. and Carlo Capalbo – for 6-year-long partnership in the Run Czech framework
- PaedDr. Vladimíra Rattayová – for cooperation in the Education Fund project
- Ondřej Němec, photographer – for help with the Olga Havel photography exhibition and extension of the OHF photographic archive
OUTSTANDING PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- MUDr. Vladimír Svozil, Sanatorium EDEL s. r. o. – for the implementation of preventive programs for children with asthma
- Petr Hejl, DiS., Diakonie ČCE, středisko Betlém – for helping persons with severe disabilities
- Bc. Olga Medlínová, DiS., z Oblastní charity Strakonice – for helping seniors
- Mgr. Marcela Holeňová from o. p. s. Dlaň životu – for long-term support of pregnant women in distress